<body>

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Change


I can feel the season changing from summer to fall, in the cool breeze that was blowing this evening. Although I am a huge fan of summer, because I don't have to wear socks, or itchy sweaters, and can enjoy the fresh air outdoors, I am ready for the season to change.
Everyone has their favorite season. The wonder to me, is that God made seasons that are as different as the people He created. Not only does He appeal to everyone through these seasons, but He also knows us well enough, to know that we would grow weary if the seasons never changed. We would become dissastisfied with summer, winter, fall or spring, if we had it all the time.
Sometimes I worry over change, and other times I embrace it with enthusiasm and eagerness. I think change is most scary when you are comfortable with what you have and are not ready to let go, and move on to an unknown newness. But I also believe that God is kind enough, that if we let Him, he gently prepares us for the change. Time allows changes of heart and mind to any given situation. Just like the summer is slowly fading into fall, so is my baby slowly growing in my belly. This baby will bring change to our family, and we enter into another world of parenting that is unknown and a little scary, but by the time he is ready to be born, I will be ready to embrace the change that his little presence will bring.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:08 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a very optimistic post. Very true.

8:09 AM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

I am so excited about the season changing. Fall is my favorite I think but then I think I say that everytime the season changes. Can't wait to meet that new baby.

12:09 PM

 
Blogger egweedge said...

I wish the weather was changing here... You are a wonderful mom and I can't wait to meet my new nephew... You guys will do great with three kids!! Never a dull moment

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home