<body>

Thursday, July 12, 2007

My newest Infatuation



...is gardening. Or I should say my attempt at gardening. I love the act of digging, planting, and watching things grow. I love using the fresh basil for pesto, the aloe for firework burns, and hopefully one day the cherry tomatoes for salads. I love looking at flowers, and see them attracting butterflies. My problem is, that I am not good at it. I try, but here are my results....

These look good right? My husband waters them, because I forget. He said to me this weekend, "Sure, just love the front yard plants, but neglect the back porch plants."











So you'd think that because I apparently "love" the front yard plants more, that they'd look just as good or even better, but here is an example of what they look like:
PATHETIC








~Thankfully I've got a husband who'll pick up where I slack off, and a friend who'll send me encouraging books like this:

Which if you are interested, this is also a good website...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. At least your plants are alive and green.

I really want an herb garden, but I'm a horrible gardener. I've seen plants intentionally wilt as I walk through the garden center at Lowe's. And I'm pretty sure I've heard them audibly chant,"Please don't pick me. Please don't pick me. Please don't pick me..."

What sort of herbs do you grow?

3:08 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

ha ha ha.... I feel the same way. It's like they are saying, don't waste your money, leave me here!

The easiest way to grow herbs is in a kitchen window I think... I have grown some basil from seed in a mason jar, and it has taken off so good. It's easy to remember to water too. (and cheap to grow from seed, and saves money on buying fresh herbs)

I tried to grow rosemary, and mint outside from seed, but nothing happened. I think the cat peed in those pots, so that might have been the problem....

8:03 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Just to clarify... Brody means our cat, mrs. turner, not "Kat"

8:47 PM

 
Blogger FancyPants said...

Has Brody given you any advice as to how to make your garden grow?

1:14 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

No, he doesn't know anything about it, I think he's just naturally gifted. Maybe he waters a certain way....

7:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided to try and have a garden this year. I planted tomatoes, watermelon, zucchini, and pumpkins in these cute little peat pots, they sprouted, how wonderful. Matt dug me a garden spot. Added good dirt to our clay. Fenced our little plot. When the sprouts were big enough, we (the boys and I)planted them. We watered and then they all died. We planted more from our peat pots, we had left overs. They died. I bought 3 tomato plants, and 3 pumpkins. They are alive. We have 1 watermelon that we started from seed. It kind of looks like a pumpkin plant though. I want to be a gardener. I don't think I am.

3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home