<body>

Monday, May 21, 2007

Puke- the test of love....

This was one of those laugh-at-it- later-but-be-incredibly-stressed in the middle of it moment, that I had yesterday. I had hurt my back earlier in the day and was having trouble getting around. We were driving to a friend's birthday party, and all of a sudden everything turned to chaos. My baby got hungry and started wailing, my two year old threw up pink chunky puke all over himself, and I was lost. Grinding my teeth, from the pain in my back I squeezed myself into the back seat, where with one hand I fed my baby a bottle, and with the other wiped pink puke from my boy's face, while my four year old turned on the blinkers, wind shield wipers, and the veggie tales music up loud enough for the entire parking lot to hear.

It's a test of love when you have to clean up puke, and you don't throw up yourself. When you care more about getting it off of them, than you do about getting it on yourself. I love my boys, even through all the puke, noise and pain.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

I'm SO sorry!
I can totally relate though...I hope you're little one gets better soon and that everyone stays healthy.

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Been there many times. It is indeed a true test of love when you have to clean up those special messes. Hope all the little ones are better now and that you're getting some rest for that sore back.

Beth

11:12 PM

 
Blogger FancyPants said...

I am so very scared of puke. That is why right now I am so very scared of having a baby.

But seriously, you moms amaze me. I do look forward to one day being in your shoes. (hopefully without ever being near puke. But I have a feeling that's not even remotely possible.)

12:00 AM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

I know this evil but that story seriously cracked me up. Especially the part about the windshield wipers, music and the blinkers. The windshield wipers and the blinker thing happens to me all the time except I do it on accident.

Classic moment.

For the spectator that is.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

O the wonders of being a mom. It is a very glamorus job

1:01 PM

 
Blogger Just Mom said...

The things we do for love, huh?

BTW, I have a new blog address: http://anothermomonthego.
blogspot.com.

2:55 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Kat and Beth~ Thank you, he is feeling better, and so am I after a trip to the chiropractor.

Fancy~ I'll pray you somehow don't have to get near puke ever.... Brody is afraid of puke too, so I do most of the cleaning up, but he's had his share of incidences..

Seth~ I know, I was laughing at the people walking by who were occasionally getting squirted from the wiper fluid, and looking puzzeled at our cars flashing hazard lights.

jessie and just mom~ I know, it's so glamorous!
thanks for the new web address.

7:56 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I hope your little guy is feeling better!

8:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home