<body>

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Just Thoughts



"I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them."
Pablo Picasso

I have been thinking lately how paintings are like windows in which you can see how others view the world, not necessarily how they see it with their eyes. Which led me to realize, how different perspectives can be on a same situation. How a circumstance can hold so many different sides to it. We feel different things, we view it from different angles and perspectives. That same event can look so many different ways to so many different people. People can assume the worst in others or they can assume the best. Our assumptions bleed into our perspective and then how we treat those people, things and situations. People see and do things differently, and knowing them, gives us a privilege to see things from their perspective, putting ourselves in "their shoes," allows us to treat each other better.

Just a thought.

7 Comments:

Blogger truevyne said...

I think you are onto something. I pray my assumptions become more charitable.

11:16 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To see things as Jesus sees them is the goal, unfortunately, I seem to have that old sin nature. I need to pray more about that perspective I desire.
Thank you.
Love you, Mom W

1:05 PM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

I agree. Well said!

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I agree...Great post!

8:46 PM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

That was good.

12:48 AM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

like how people see me pregnant with a toddler and give me nasty and disgusted looks cuz they think i'm 16? i feel like telling them "don't worry, you on your high horse. i've been happily married to the best man in the world for a solid 7 1/2 years. no matter how you do the math, i was married for a good 4+ years before having our first!"
you are so right. i hope that i don't do that to people, and try to pay extra attention to it when feeling like i'm always on the other side lately!! :)
thanks for your thoughts!!

9:52 AM

 
Blogger Just Mom said...

I like your thought.

10:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home