<body>

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Unexpected blessings

God blessed me with an awesome mother in law. We have spent the last two nights talking until 1 am, laughing, crying, and praying. She is an amazing woman, that loves Jesus, and her family and friends whom she calls family, more than anything else. When I married into this family, I was overwhelmed by the closeness that they shared, and throughout the six and a half years of being family, I too have become involved in that closeness. She puts relationship above anything else, and I relax in her presence. She's so wise, and knows so much about the bible. She loves unconditionally, and the hurting ones in our family, are drawn to her. She truly represents what it means to be a mama, and a grandma, or Mammo as all her grandchildren call her. God blessed me with my husband, and when I married him I gained a family that I never could have ever imagined would love me as they do their own blood, and that I equally love. I am so greatful.

One example of their thoughtfullness, came in an unexpected way. When they arrived they pulled out of their suitcase, two frozen burritos, and salsa from my favorite resturaunt in CA. I love that place so much, and we've all shared many family meals there. They took the time to go and purchase these things, freeze them and carry them on their 6 hour flight to TN. I was touched, and my tummy is happy too.

7 Comments:

Blogger urban mama said...

was it from taco tree?

5:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! MMMM... Taco Tree.

5:32 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

no, not taco tree, that place is good though.
It was from El Portal in Auburn. If you haven't tried it yet, you should!

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Lisa H said...

That is so sweet and thoughtful! I'm glad that you are so blessed by your wonderful in-laws! I've had a similar experience with my in-laws and I always feel so incredibly blessed! Enjoy those tacos! :)

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

I have wonderful in-laws too. I got the call from my dad, telling me that my mom had cancer while we were visiting my in-laws. I was pregnant with our first. Needless to say, I was a little upset. I was with my husband's whole, large, extended family and overwhelmed to say the least. She stood up, said "come with me. We're going for a walk." I got up and went with her. We walked, and she cried with me, held me and comforted me. I lost my mom two years later and she's always been there for me. She's such a blessing!

9:09 PM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

There are few things as wonderful as marrying into a great family. From what I've heard, there are also few things as frustrating as marrying into a wacko family.

I'm glad you got a good one. :-)

3:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter... How blessed am I?
Thank you so much for your kind words. It is not hard to love you, you are a precious and lovely person, a great wife and mother. We have also been blessed. As I have said before, we prayed for you since Brody was 3, God answered with you..what an answer!!! It was so precious to spend that time with you,too short and cannot wait to do it again.
I love you...MOM

12:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home