<body>

Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's just so clear to me, why not you?

Is there anyone in your life whom you know needs Jesus? Someone that you know He could make their life better than you could even imagine, if they'd just say yes to His love?

I have a lot of people in my life that I know need Him, but there's one in particular that I am fighting for. It's someone I don't even like, or want to have in my life continually. For some reason this person that I've tried to turn away from so many times is the very person God has chosen for me to minister to, the very person that burdens my heart and lingers on my mind.

This person goes in and out of sanity, in and out of reality. This person has heard the truth spoken so many times, but renounces Jesus' divinity over and over. This person is drowning in sorrow, and has many self destructive tendencies, but I fear the worst one of all is the denial of Jesus.

What do you tell someone who won't grab ahold of the hand that will lift them up?

4 Comments:

Blogger Seth Ward said...

You keep doing what you are doing. It is hard to give when you feel like you can't give anymore or when it all seems in vain, but none of it ever is and your presence in their life might be the only presence of Christ that they know. When you reach out, it is the Lord reaching. That is all you can really do.

However, sometimes you can be an enabler and that is not necessarily healthy, depending on the person. Sometimes the best thing to do is stop catching them when they fall because they might be falling because you are always catching. That make any sense? Anyways, I know because I am attracted to that kind of friend. At the end of the day, you have to figure out a way to let go without giving up.

Hope that made some sense and helped!

8:56 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Yeah that does help. It's nice to know that nothing is said or done in vain. That is my prayer, that one day everything I've said or did will eventually sink in.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger FancyPants said...

It also helps me to remember that the Holy Spirit is the ultimate force that causes a change in heart.

Our job is to love the lost and hurting. And when they've heard the Good News, if they deny it, we continue to serve them. And if they receive it, we continue to serve them.

Thanks for sharing this. Let us know how it's going.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

That is true... I realized after I said, "what I've done.." isn't necessarily right, it's more like, after what God does through me.... Nothing I do is going to help, it's what God does with what I do.

Thats a good reminder to just continue to serve them regardless, it's really hard sometimes.

I will let you know If there are any changes, I know God is after her, there are more people in her life witnessing, and shes getting to a point where things are at the bottom, and she doesn't have many people or friends in her life.

8:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home