<body>

Friday, March 30, 2007

No guns/ no knives

I was walking into a store today, and on the door was a sticker of a picture of a "no knives or guns" symbol. I found this funny for a few reasons. First of all it was out of the ordinary, I am used to seeing the "no food allowed" or the "no shoes, no shirt no service" signs, but no knives or guns? Secondly this was funny to me because this was a brand new building in a really nice area. Why would a person who would carry around knives or guns not have a purpose to why they are carrying them around? If they had an intention to use those instruments, would a picture with a slash through it really convince them to turn around and change their minds? "Oh I guess I can't rob these people, they have a sticker on their door." Am I wrong?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I laugh everytime I see that same sign on the door to our local Cabelas. It also says they have kennels for your dogs too. Of course it's a big outdoor store so maybe it makes sense there.

Beth

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Lisa H said...

I tend to laugh when I see those signs too. Because really, if you're the type who is going to cause trouble, is a little symbol on the door going to make you think, "Gee, I'd better not take my knife in here! They don't allow it!"

Thanks for the giggle! :)

11:31 PM

 
Blogger Just Mom said...

I agree. That is an incredibly odd sign. I think it would actually scare away customers who don't carry knives and guns with them. It makes it appear as if the store isn't a safe place to shop.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Visit and comment anytime.

11:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home