<body>

Sunday, March 18, 2007

New Excersises


Because I have 3 kids, I can't seem to ever get through a workout video without being interupted, and can't find much time to go out walking without all 3 of them. So I've named my new workouts:

Instead of "power walking", I do "power mopping". I do a couple of "laps" around the kitchen, after the dog and boys run across it.
I do "laundry squats" and "stir fry leg lifts," I "kick box" away the bad guys with spiderman, superman or batman.
I do the "dirty diaper dash" and "screaming child sprint" out of church services, along with the "tantrum tamer" out of stores. (which is an advanced move, and requires great mental strength.)
I do the "ants in my pants dances," because my kids think it's fun to put plastic bugs down my shirt or pants!
The favorite of last night was the bannana fanna fo fanna song plus dance with every name we could think of. (on a side note, if you ever do that song be careful what you ryhme, you may accidently curse)

Nonetheless with spring approaching, I have the desire to lose some weight and am trying to fit in excersises anywhere I can! My husband and I joke about if there were hidden cameras all through the house, how weird we'd look. He laughs when I spontaneously start stretching, or doing lundges while were talking. I have always loved to do aerobics, and especially work out videos. When my friend and I were in 8th grade we made our own workout video. The highlights are when we lay back to kick our legs in the air, I've got a massive run in my black stockings going all the way up my leg. At the end, we say that "next week" we are going to be working out our lower half, including our thyroid. (smart girls)

How do you fit In excersise?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny!

I try to exercise first thing in the morning. If I don't, I rarely get it in.

My husband doesn't have to be at work until 7:30am (he works from home, so this means getting out of bed and walking to his office). So, I try to get up between 6:30am and 7:00am and go to the garage where we have a recumbent bike. I'll ride and read the Bible and then do a few weights.

I normally enjoy running, but in my current state, that's not something I can do. Hopefully, in the next couple months I'll be able to get back to it.

I'm not coordinated enough to do workout videos. My famiy would be scared.

9:41 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

That sounds good. I am not a morning person, I can barely function until about 2 hours after I have woken up! I have tried walking with my neighbors in the wee hours of the morning, which I may pick up again when it warms up and my baby is waking up a little more predictably!

1:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"my baby is waking up a little more predictably!"

I suppose my nice little organized and routine life is about to turn upside down...

3:17 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

everytime i have to go upstairs i try to think of it as exercise and then i don't mind the many trips a day

4:35 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Kat~ yeah it is.....sorry! At least you are expecting it!

Jessie~ I do that too with my stairs. I had a friend that owns a gym, and she told me to make sure I stood up straight while walking up the stairs, or if you are bending forward it will add bulk to the booty! (that must be my problem)

8:14 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I exercise after the kids are in bed, which is usually between 7p-8p. I workout on a treadmill in "our" gym, a.k.a garage, for about 35 minutes while listening to my iPod.

7:58 PM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

this is so funny- i love all your workout names!! i'll have to try and remind myself that's why i'm so tired at the end of the day- hardcore aerobic exercise for 12 hrs straight, just in a different form!! ha ha!

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

Funny. Amber (my wife) does random lunges whilst talking to me sometimes.

Oh and duh. I just put it together that you and Brody are married. No wonder there were similarities in calander habits.

Love the blog, will link.

Cheers

12:30 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Larissa~ yeah the 12 hour straight marathon.

Seth~ I checked out your blog as well, very funny stuff. Thanks for visiting, I will link to yours as well.

7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home