<body>

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Pushed over the edge....

Since I have had my third child, I feel like I have been trying to catch up to my life. There simply isn't a point when the laundry is done, the house is clean, the children are asleep and everyone is happy. The third child pushed me into a zone where I feel in over my head quite frequently. I have been praying for strength, praying for the ability to catch up, and daily locking myself in the bathroom for a few minutes, until something crashes, or someone screams.
I've been feeling pretty lousy about my inability to keep up with my life, when the other night I was sitting in bible study, and heard a couple statements that have changed things for me.
~"If you are managing your life fine, where is your need for God?"
"Thats why he gave me three kids" I said.

~"God can bring order to a chaotic mind."
"Thank God...."

So since, I have been praying for order in my chaotic household, and ultimately my mind. Little by little things are clicking into place, life is taking on a different meaning for me, and I know that eventually order will return. Even if it doesn't in the way I envision, my perception is changing. I am not getting stressed as easily, or at least as quickly over a messy house, and unchecked things on my to do list. I know without a doubt that God intended my little baby to be here, and maybe instead of viewing having a third as pushing me "over the edge," I should view it as being pushed into God's arms, which is really where the well being of my family should lie anyway. It's safer in His hands than my own.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kyle Ray said...

I can't think of anything else to say, you nailed it. Thanks

10:43 PM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

I plug my ears, close my eyes and say "la...la...la...la..I ...can't....hear....you..."

...at the thought that my life is about to descend in to chaos.

You're supposed to be telling my that having a third child is e-a-s-y.

I suppose I'd better bookmark this post for future reference...

12:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember if I shared this with you or not but this was a poem which Drew's mom kept on her nightstand while all the kids were growing up:
Quiet down cobb webs,
Dust go to sleep,
I'm rocking my baby,
And babies don't keep!
It put's things into perspective for me when I am too overwhelmed. I have also come to the conclusion that my house will never be clean, at least for the next 10 years or so. But it is well lived in.
~Jamiey

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

i love this post kristin. i can't even imagine how crazy your life must get, but what a wonderful way you have started to feel about it and put it!!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. My third child has thrown me off balance, too. I really like your view "pushed into God's arms". What a positive way to look at it. I will do the same.

8:57 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Kat~ you have two older girls, right? (I'm not a stalker, just what I have gathered from your blog!) Your life may not be as chaotic. All my boys are 4 and under, and all Boy! I didn't mean to discourage you, or frighten you, but I guess that is better than not knowing!

2:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home