<body>

Friday, February 23, 2007

words are weird

Since living in Tennessee, we've befriended a lot of Texians, Texarcanians, Oklahomians, and Georgians. All southerners who have different ways of saying things. Here are some examples.

~Californian way:
" We are going to....."
~Southern way:
"We're fixin to....."

~Californian way:
"I'll give you a call."
~Southern way:
"I'll give ya'll a holler."

~Californian way:
"Have your picture taken"
~Southern way:
"Have your picture made." (my son said this today, which got me thinking about all the phrases they may say differently)

~Californian way:
"neener neener neener"
~Southern way:
"nanny nanny boo boo"

~Californian way:
"you guys"
~Southern way:
"y'all"

~Californians call them basketball hoops
~Southerners call them basketball goals

It makes Brody and I laugh to think about our kids possibly having accents and us not, (cause we talk normal of course) and Brody always reminds me that southern boys are good to their mamas, so that I am okay with.

1 Comments:

Blogger urban mama said...

My kids were just talking about your kids and saying that they want to see the new baby. I thought that was cute.

11:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home