<body>

Friday, March 30, 2007

April Fools!

~I walked up this morning to my recently "fixed" husband, and told him I'd been feeling nautious in the mornings and wondering if I might be pregnant. He dropped what he was doing, and turned and looked at me with a pale face. I couldn't keep it going long, so I said, "April fools!" He said, "that's not even funny.... don't even joke about that.... I'm not even hungry anymore..."
I feel bad...

~My kids liked my April fools joke to them though, I said we were having eggs and french fries for breakfast. Instead it was cut up biscuits, fried, sprinkled with sugar and a side of strawberry jam to resemble the ketchup. For the eggs I took a peach half and surrounded it in whip cream, where my husband hid a plastic bug. The rest of the day we got April fooled by our boys. Plastic bugs in our shirts, and they said things like, "there's a crocodile on your back! April Fools!" Fun day....

What did you do for April fools?

10 Comments:

Blogger Just Mom said...

Your April Fools breakfast sounds so creative. What fun!

Today the joke was on us, as we woke up to snow flurries. Thank goodness it melted by the afternoon. I'm hoping we don't get anymore.

10:28 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Hi! thanks for visiting my blog. I think yours is so beautiful, and funny.

I actually got those ideas from familyfun.com it's a great site full of ideas.

6:55 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

snow flurries?? I assume you live somewhere that doesn't happen a lot this time of year!

6:56 AM

 
Blogger Lisa H said...

Those were great! My three year old would have really appreciated the breakfast "french fries!" I'll have to try that some time!

Your poor husband! :) Good one, though!

9:15 AM

 
Blogger Shanley said...

That is too funny and very creative! I have a feeling my husband would of had the same reaction. I can never hold a straight face long enough to get anyone fooled though!

9:42 AM

 
Blogger Grace said...

We have a few more things in common!!! My husband will be getting "fix" here in the next few weeks! And to add to the list of things, about 3 months ago I played the same trick on my husband...only I still had the old pregnancy test from expecting #3 (I know that may be gross to some, but...) that was POSITIVE. I came out of the room with the test and said, "look, we're pregnant" he looked at the test and almost died!!!! The look on his face...priceless! I truly felt bad afterwards… How funny!

Hope your husband feels better soon!

12:50 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I almost had an "April heart attack"...

12:52 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Scott would definitely have the "April heart attack", right after I did! Since I had a hysterectomy 7 years ago, being pregnant would be a major feat! The reason we have 4 kids is because we don't want 5!

Beth

9:26 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Lisa H~ my son loved those!

Shanley~ thanks for visiting! I think we're all finding the "mom circle" how fun!

Grace~ How funny! It makes it even more real to have the actual test in hand...

Beth~ I think you'd have a heart attack too, that would be a true miracle.

10:10 PM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

that is so cute!!! you guys sound so cute with your april fools jokes!!

11:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home