<body>

Monday, April 09, 2007

Another reason to Celebrate!

My 4 1/2 year old son is always asking me questions. He has a lot of questions about God,
Why aren't his ears bigger? Can he hear through walls, dirt, and when you are in the car? Is God as strong as daddy? How did God make a plant? Can God turn off my fan for me?

He asked one this weekend that turned into a long disscussion.
What is a Christian, are all adults Christians?
We talked about these things for a full 10 minutes, which is a long time for my energetic son. Littered throughout were really serious questions such as, "What happens when we die?" and "Are you going to die first, or is daddy because he's older?"

I explained that it was important to pray to Jesus and tell him that you believe He's the one God, and that you want him in your heart. He replied, "I'll do that when I'm 34 or 18." We went onto other things, but that night at bedtime, he asked me if I would pray to help Jesus get Into his heart. I asked him what he thought that meant to him. He said, "That I love Jesus, that He's God, He's alive, and I want to follow him." We prayed, he repeated what I said, we said Amen, and with sheer joy on his face, he said, "Mama I'm a Christian!"

11 Comments:

Blogger Lisa H said...

Congratulations!!! That is such a sweet, precious story. I'm sure the Lord will do wonderful things in your little boy's life!

3:34 PM

 
Blogger FancyPants said...

Definitely a reason to celebrate!

Awesome.

3:39 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

I remember when my son asked those questions and at bed time wanted to pray and ask God into his heart. It is one of my best memories because it was so natural and so sincere. I am so glad for you and your sweet boy.

5:53 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

WOW!! I remember these most precious occassions with each of our 4 children too. I'm sure you'll have many more great conversations with him about this too.

8:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME Kristin!

8:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Priceless. A reflection of wonderful parenting. I pray God truly uses him and his life.
Jamiey

8:58 PM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

wow, how exciting for you guys!! and what a wonderful season for that as well!!

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Just Mom said...

What a sweet boy.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Grace said...

What a beautiful story!!! How proud you must be!

2:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kookie...Thank you so much for that call. How precious is Blue and you...How very proud of all of you.
You are great parents and I could not be happier. Thank you for being steadfast to the Lord and being an example to those boys,.
I love you all
Mom W.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Thank you everyone, we are very happy that we get to spend eternity with him!

9:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home