<body>

Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Makeover

I won a make over. I was pregnant, walked by a booth, filled out a paper with my name and phone number to win a make over, and walked away thinking, "I never win anything...but this would be cool."
While I was in labor, my phone rang and low and behold it was the salon lady saying I'd won! I explained why I had to wait to schedule, being that I was going to have a baby in a few hours, and so it was put off until today.

I walked in with plans, and she told me, "Now this is what we are going to do.." I sat down and two hours later, she said I went from looking like I was 16 to looking like I was 18. I look young for my age, which I hate a lot of the time, because I get a lot of looks toting around three children.

I am not the only one.

I met someone recently who I literally thought was maybe 12 or so, and she was 20. Her aunt said they have given her menus with crayons at restaraunts!

I went to the movies with my friend who is 34 with four children, and they told her she couldn't get in to see an R rated movie without her drivers license!

I know there are worse things, but it's funny how people can assume ages.

Do you look young? What have you been mistaken for?

9 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

People think I look young for my age.

How cool you won a makeover! Are you going to post some pictures???? Hope so!!!

8:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey,You will love it when your my age. Sometimes people say I don't look old enough to have 6 grands, but mostly it's just accepted, but really, just imagine looking so young when your 40.
I know you lov e those things, Bro said you look great.
Good for you...
Love you, Mom

10:08 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

I look pretty much the same as I did my freshman year in highschool. I want to see pictures

10:29 PM

 
Blogger FancyPants said...

Yes. When I taught at the high school, the other teachers would ask me for a pass in the hall. It was funny...the first time. Then the same teachers kept asking me for a pass because they thought it was so funny. I stopped laughing, but they didn't seem to get that it wasn't funny after the tenth time.

12:11 AM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

I look the same as I did yesterday. Does that count?

No, I think I look, and have been told that I look relatively young. I look older with the beard but before I would look at guys my age at church and think they were 10 years older than me.

My grandma is 85 and has smooth and tight-skinned hands. Its all that indian blood.

1:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay...

All I can say is "hot... freaking hot".

1:50 PM

 
Blogger Beth said...

Nope. I look my age (OLD!), I just don't ACT my age sometimes.

Beth

6:08 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Grace and Jessie~ I don't know If I"ll post picts. I don't have many of myself! But I'll try as soon as I can....
Baisically they just trimmed the dead hair off, and gave me highlights. It's a big deal because I haven't done anything like that in about 4 years!
(pre Eliot) She did my makeup and stuff that day. too

I am glad I am not alone in the looking young, and I am sure soon enough I'll be wishing I looked younger! All I know Is that my boys are turning my hair prematurely gray!

7:39 AM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

wow. yes, when i was 21 i wanted to do something you had to be 18 for (ride along in my friends car on the race track while he was driving), and the guy thought i was 13 and wouldn't let me. that was 4 years ago. a couple of weeks ago we went to watch a friend of ours play guitar in a club you have to be over 21 for, the guy at the door drilled me on my DL cuz he didn't think it was me and that i was old enough. so annoying sometimes. and i know what you mean about looks, i got those especially when i was pregnant with eli!! one day we'll love it, though. or so i'm told! ;)

4:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home