<body>

Monday, June 04, 2007

Greek Vegetarian Pizza



NGREDIENTS
1 (12 inch) pre-baked pizza crust, such as Boboli (I use the wheat version)
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped or a fresh tomato sliced
3 cups torn spinach leaves
1/2 red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
DIRECTIONS
Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Place crust on baking sheet and spread pesto on pizza. Top pizza in the following order: tomatoes, spinach, red onion, garlic, feta, mozzarella and oregano. Bake until spinach wilts and cheese starts to brown, about 10-15 minutes.
Remove pizza from oven and drizzle with oil, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, slice and serve.

~When cooking this pizza for our family with kids, I make half of it for them, (or a separate pizza) with red sauce, chopped fresh tomatoes, torn spinach leaves, lots of mozzarella cheese, and a little oregano on top! They love it, and don't really care they are eating those veggies hidden underneath.

~This recipe is from All Recipes A website where you can find most any dish, submitted by it's readers, and rated by those who have tried it.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Just Mom said...

Oh YUMMY! I believe I can actually eat this despite my diet.

By the way, I like your post about sharing meals. What a neat idea.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger Lisa H said...

I love your sharing meals idea--that sounds like a lot of fun. Do you actually eat them all together, or do you just drop them off at each other's houses?

I LOVE allrecipes too--I get most of my recipes from that site!

1:50 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

This sounds great. Does Brody eat this?

3:32 PM

 
Blogger Kyle Ray said...

i am now starving

7:17 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Just mom~ yes, I think this is a diet friendly meal, and seriously very good.

Lisa~ all recipes is such a good site! As far as the dinner co op goes, we eat together a lot during the summer, or during birthday parties, or just random occasions. Most nights, though, we drop the dinners off around 6 pm. We write our names on the top of tuperware, and rotate them throughout the families.

Jessie~ Brody loves it, (he just picks the tomatoes off.)

Booters~ It's yummy you should go make it.

7:48 PM

 
Blogger steven.russell said...

that sounded good.

except for all the spinach part.

12:03 AM

 
Blogger Scribbit said...

Sounds tasty. I've never met a pizza I didn't like. Oh no, wait I take that back. I had one once that was like hot peppers on a saltine without cheese that was violently wrong and nasty.

12:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home