<body>

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th, Food recipe~


Spinach Salad with Shrimp and Feta

~This is cheap, yummy, quick, and the spinach provides good amounts of iron~

*4 servings
*15 minute prep time
*5 minutes cook time

~1/4 cup plus 3 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
~1 lb. shrimp, peeled and devined
~1 shallot finely chopped
~2 TBSP. red wine vinegar
~1 TBSP. spicy mustard
~1 TBSP. honey
~salt and pepper
~ 8 oz. spinach
~1/2 cup feta cheese

1. In a medium skillet, heat 3 TBSP. olive oil over med.-high heat. Add the shrimp and stir fry until opaque. 2-3 minutes
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar, mustard and honey; season with salt and pepper. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until thick. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cooked shrimp to the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the spinach on a platter or individual plates. Place the warm shrimp on top and drizzle with any reamining dressing. Scatter the feta on top.

Recipe by:
Rachael Ray

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum. Have you tried Rachael Ray's Tortellini with Spinach Walnut Pesto recipe? It's another really easy and healthy recipe.

Btw, who is your family in Brownsville? I grew up there...

11:43 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

no, I am new to Rachael Ray's stuff, but that sounds good and I love how easy her recipes are also.

"The Georges" are my family in Brownsville. Jim, Carol, and Laura. Have you heard of them?

7:07 AM

 
Blogger Scribbit said...

Oh that looks perfect for hot days--I love shrimp too.

1:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I don't think I know them, but I'll ask my parents if they do. I haven't really lived there in......a long time.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger marianne said...

I am a total clutz in the kitchen but this looks delicious! I am going to try it!

9:27 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Michelle and Marianne~ this is really easy and good.

Kat~ My cousin has been living in Austin and Corpus Christi for that past 7 years or so, and I know Texas is very large...

My uncle builds cataraman boats that people can live on, and my aunt has been a second grade teacher for over 20 something years.

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home