<body>

Friday, August 31, 2007

Grocery Shopping with children


"You haven’t lived until you’ve gone grocery shopping with six kids in tow. I would rather swim, covered in bait, through the English Channel, be a contestant on Fear Factor when they’re having pig brains for lunch, or do fourth grade math than to take my six kids to the grocery store...........
.......As I pay for my purchases, the clerk looks at me, indicates my kids, and asks, “Are they all yours?”
Frustrated, exhausted from my trip, sick to my stomach from writing out a check for $289.53, and tired of hearing that question, I look at the clerk and answer her in my most sarcastic voice, “No. They’re not mine. I just go around the neighborhood gathering up kids to take to the grocery store because it’s so much more fun that way.”

~Read this hillarious story of a woman's grocery shopping experience with her kids, who is selling the pokemon cards that her kids had slipped into her cart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I only have 4 kids, but I totally understand this woman's perspective! We lived in England for 8 years. I did laundry at the laundry mat during that time because it was much cheaper and faster than using our little "Barbie" washer/dryer at home that could only wash three towels at a time and it took 4 hours! My husband would sometimes ask if I needed the kids to go with me to help as it was sometimes 15 to 20 loads. NO! I quickly said. I don't mind doing this at all! It was three hours of uninterrupted time ALONE, with myself and my laundry. I sometimes miss those days!

Beth

10:18 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

15 to 20 loads! It seems like that would take all day!

I can imagine the time alone was good too.

2:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO true!! I constantly get looks and some people actually stop completely what they are doing to glance upon me with their judgement. I am now moving on to my 4th so I imagine this only increasing. There are others though that are genuinely happy for us and that is a sweet encouragement.
Jamiey

3:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home