<body>

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Chicken Satay Noodle Salad



INGREDIENTS:

Salt
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
1/3 cup peanut butter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup tamari (dark soy sauce)
Juice of 2 limes
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (eyeball it)
1 clove garlic, grated
3 tablespoons vegetable oil (eyeball it)
2 cups skinned and sliced rotisserie chicken
1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced
1/3 cup shredded carrots (a generous handful)
4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley



DIRECTIONS:

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain; rinse under cold water and set aside.
2. While the pasta is working, in a large bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, honey and 1/4 cup warm water. Whisk in the tamari, lime juice, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Pour in the oil in a steady stream, whisking to combine. Add the reserved noodles and toss to coat.
3. Place the noodles in 4 shallow bowls and top with the chicken, spinach, carrots, scallions, peanuts and cilantro.

Recipe by Rachael Ray

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm...I love any recipe with cilantro in it.

Thanks, Kristin.

9:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks yummy - you could probably substitute the peanut butter with almond butter or sunflower seed butter - my oldest has peanut allergies, but I think these would still work in the recipe. Thanks! Or as Rachael would say "YUM-O!"
:-)Christina

5:21 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Kat me too. I've often wondered if I'd like cilantro by itself.

Christina~ yum O is right! And I've never tried sunflower seed butter, but that sounds like it would taste good!

9:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so good! I am a Rachael Ray devotee. She has so many great recipies! Have you tried her Turkey Bolognese sauce? Very good! It makes a huge batch, then you can make other dishes with it too! I am going to put this on my menu! The boys like anything with peanut butter.

11:59 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

I haven't tried that, but I bet it's good. Everything I have tried of hers is really good!

I like anything with peanut butter too. I have even had it on chicken and it was good!

7:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home