<body>

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Off to retreive my husband...

I'm off tomorrow, to go and pick up my husband from the last day of the tour! I'll get to spend some time alone in the car, just listening to music, (not veggie tales). Then I get to see the show with him, and go on a date afterwards. This will be the first night that we've had away sans children since before my 5 year old was born! I am grateful to family and friends for being willing to watch my kids for a couple days. I thought it would be pretty hard to leave all my kids overnight, but honestly, after having a couple months with my husband away, and shouldering all the responsibiblity I am really looking forward to being able to walk into a building without shepherding kids, and sleeping in as long as I want to. One night will be enough, usually a couple hours is enough of a break for me, before I start really missing them. We are thrilled to be getting our husband and daddy back home for awhile, it's been a long time! The boys want to wrestle with him, and do things that only daddies are really good at.
~To see what he's been up to, check out his amazing photos!
Have a good weekend everyone!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! Brody couldn't quit talking about it when he was in NC. He certainly misses you and the boys!

10:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! Even though my kids are older than yours and quite capable of being on their own for a few days (and even nights), it is good for my husband and I to be able to get away alone for awhile. When he's been deployed for months at a time and I am the "single parent," those short breaks are precious to me even though I feel guilty for taking them sometimes. Take them though. Those moments serve to make you a better parent in the long run.

Beth

10:29 PM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

Kristin,
Yeah! I'm glad this long stretch is coming to a close for you. I'm sure you're thrilled to have Brody back and the boys are too.

We haven't had a night away (except at the hospital when we were bringing another kid into the family) since our oldest was born. Hopefully, once our youngest is a year old we'll be able to have a day or two away.

Have fun!

10:57 PM

 
Blogger Lisa H said...

How great to have your husband home again! Hope you enjoy your date and time away from the kids! :)

1:02 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

He better wait on you hand and foot. You deserve it.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Brody Harper said...

Can't wait. See you soon.

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I'm So happy for you! Enjoy your date!

7:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home