<body>

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Chaos = Fun! (for a four year old)

I went to the "Country ham festival" today with my boys. I know, it sounds kind of gross, but it was fun. There wasn't any ham there that I could see either, I don't know why they call it that. Anyways, it was a festival made up of booths of homemade things, and a kids area, where you could plant some corn seeds, and feed a (puppet) cow some food. We petted animals, got a picture taken with "wilbur" the pig, and Eliot went on a cart ride. Then we made it over to the 5 bounce houses where hundreds of children were gathered. I removed Eliot's shoes, and told him the rules. "Wait in line for your turn, come back and check in with mama if you go to a diffent bounce thing." Simple, and it worked, as I watched him from the bale of hay where I sat.
All was fine, until the generator went out and all the bounce houses lost air. One by one they deflated and chaos began, as adults frantically tried to hold up the bounce houses so the screaming kids could find their way out. I too tried to help hold one up, until it dawned on me that I had NO idea where Eliot was. I started to look around and it seemed that every child had his blond hair, but none were him. Everything slowed way down in my brain, like it does when you are in a car accident. I suddenly felt very very frightened. I went as fast as I could, while pushing Aiden in his stroller, all around each of the deflated bounce houses, and called for Eliot over all the other screaming. I prayed nothing more than, "oh God..." and spun a circle scanning the crowds. I did not know what to do. After what seemed like an hour (probobally only minutes), the bounce houses rose up all around me, and he came bounding around the corner, with a huge smile on his face, saying, " Mommy, the big alligator ate me! And then I was stuck inside his stomach, it was awesome!"
He was fine, and had actually really enjoyed the experience of being stuck inside the stomach of a deflated aligator.

2 Comments:

Blogger JPeg said...

hahaha Blue's awesome!

12:54 AM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

That is so funny! It is a horrible feeling for you but I cannot believe that he thought up all of that and did not think anything of it.

12:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home