<body>

Friday, July 27, 2007

Cabbage= a Super food


~Cabbage has been said in the past to have healing properties and be a stress buster, while today it is also claimed to have cancer prevention (cancers of the lung, colon, breast and uterus) added to it's list. If cabbage is eaten raw, it can have a mild protection against radiation as well.


Ways to eat Cabbage:

~Coleslaw
~Added to soups, (one of my favorites)
~Chinese chicken salad... (also one of my favorites)
~cooked lightly with butter and a little nutmeg
~or cooked lightly with oil and lemon juice.

~Eat with Broccoli and Cauliflower for added cancer prevention!

*my boys won't eat cabbage, they don't like it, unless it's sneaked in a soup. They can even pick shreds of it out of salads. Any creative ideas to make cabbage more appealing to kids? What is your favorite way to eat cabbage?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I LOVE cabbage! I'm the only one in my family though so I don't get it often. I love it boiled or steamed with a bit of butter, salt and pepper. I like to mix it with my potatoes if I'm getting a veggie plate at Golden Corral or somewhere. I make cole slaw with cabbage, carrots, mayo, salt, pepper and tomatoes. I add some lemon juice or key lime juice for flavor too. Try that and see if the boys will eat it that way.

Beth

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Just Mom said...

Chinese chicken salad. Yummmmmmm!

9:38 PM

 
Blogger Chaotic Hammer said...

Sorry, Kristin. Hate to say it, but I'm with your kids on this one. Yuck.

9:26 AM

 
Blogger steven.russell said...

this isn't this related...but i am asking all the people associated with the 40 day fast to post shaun's blog today in trying to help his friend.

thanks.

http://www.shaungroves.com/shlog/comments/i_need_a_guy/

10:54 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Beth, wow you do love cabbage, that is good, and those are good ideas! thanks...

just mom~ I know it.. PF Changs is my favorite, how about you?

CH~ how about in a soup?

Steven~ Thanks, that is good.

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home