<body>

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Get some house plants...


..... to help clean the air of your home. "Indoor plants can dramatically improve air quality. All plants convert carbon dioxide to oxygen, but some actually remove chemicals like benzene and formaldehyde from the air. The most effective air cleaners are Chinese evergreen, Peace lily, arrowhead vine, English ivy, and cornplant...Aim for roughly 15 plants for every 1500 square feet in your house."

~(That seems like a lot of indoor plants doesn't it? Right now, I have two indoor plants, and they are basil and bamboo, I don't think they are doing much good for the air quality of my home. I think I'll have to get more, thankfully I am falling in love with plants anyways. In my opinion, English ivy is most decorative and pretty, but if you want an exotic look the chinese evergreen are cool looking.)

(update on vacation.... we made it out here to CA, and it's cool and slightly rainy. We've been here for less than 24 hours and seen a whole bunch of people, the boys are having a blast!)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger steven.russell said...

this is me. entirely envious of coolness and rain in memphis, tn.

next time tell brody to stop by and pick me up. i'll just ride in the back with the luggage.

7:34 PM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

I have three plants. I would love to have more but it is hard to keep them alive. How is it driving your husband all around?

10:03 PM

 
Blogger annie said...

I hope I get to see you guys while you're here!

9:31 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Jessie....it's weird driving him all around, and I've sent him out to the store a few times, forgetting, and calling him to make sure he's not in jail!

Annie, we are right up the road from you, and I was at Erin's yesturday! I am sure we'll cross paths eventually...we'll be here two sunday's at church too. You can always come on up to Barb's too!

10:44 AM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

wow. that does seem like a lot of plants. i thought i had a lot of plants. i'm mentally counting right now... 11 indoor plants. but now that seems like nothing, i should have twice that!!
i hope you guys have a wonderful vacation!

12:03 PM

 
Blogger Amy said...

wait, CA is california right? which part? Because I'm buring....

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home