<body>

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Forgetfulness


It is so easy for me to get caught up in my to do list. It's so easy for my priorities to get shifted. This morning I read this verse, "Does a maiden forget her jewelry, a bride her wedding ornaments? Yet my people forget me, days without number." (Jeremiah 2:32)
I realized how my time with God lately has become a second thought. I never forget to put on deodorant, but some mornings I forget to pray. I don't forget to walk out of the house dressed and hair combed, and make up on, but I forget to give God my day, to acknowledge Him. I would never leave a guest sitting in my living room, while I ran about and did meaningless chores, yet I do that to God every day. I don't want God to be a second thought to me, I don't want to forget about Him.

(by the way... I know the picture of the to do list has nothing written on it, but it really matches my blog, doesn't it?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Indeed Kristin, it is so very easy to get caught up with our list of things to do. It is very easy to get distracted and entangled. May God help us come to the end of ourselves...to the point where He is the Planner of our lives. I concur and pray this with you: "...I don't want God to be a second thought to me, I don't want to forget about Him." Lord, we offer you our to do lists...take charge and have your way with us. May we seek You first. We love you and thank You for loving us unconditionally. In Jesus' name. Amen! :-)

9:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live by my lists, too, Kristin.

And I have the same struggle.

Maybe we need to add that focus time with God to our list EVERY DAY. Right at the top. That way, we'll be sure not to forget.

I am going to try that.

11:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home