<body>

Friday, December 14, 2007

Star Wars and Oprah

My son returned from a star wars theme birthday party tonight, where he went dressed as Anikin but he was really Luke, he said. When I arrived to pick him up all the boys at the party were light saber fighting and rolling all across the ground, and as they were leaving they got goodie bags in the shape of darth vaders head. My son asked in the car on the ride home, how come my birthday party didn't have plates from a movie, or why didn't we dress up? I laughed to myself as I started thinking about if adults had birthday party themes based around their current favorite movie or TV show. C.S.I., Jeopardy, Scrubs, Oprah, (can't you picture plates with Oprah's face on them?)The weather channel, The Office... What movie or TV show, would you have on your plates, or what is the best one you can think of?

8 Comments:

Blogger Brody Harper said...

I don't know if I can top Oprah plates. It kinda makes me want that for my next party.

Oprah costumes, and pinata.

8:29 AM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

Oh, that's funny.

The Small Person said yesterday that she wanted a Jesus party. I'm not sure what to do with that...

4:49 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, a Jesus party? That is SO COOL! You should just do it, Kat. Seriously.

As for myself (aside from the obvious Jesus choice) I'd have to go with a "House M.D." theme. That's my current fave on the tube. I'd have to be the bald black guy, just like I was in our family photo from Star Tours at Disneyland. (If enough people ask, I'll post it on my blog.)

11:39 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

alright Brody, you've got it....

Kat, a "Jesus" themed party, that is pretty sweet of her. I wouldn't know what to do with that either....

Annie,
Okay, i DEFINITELY want to see a picture of that!!!

7:41 PM

 
Blogger Cristy said...

24. I'd be Chloe, my hubby would be Jack.

7:46 AM

 
Blogger truevyne said...

This whole idea cracked me up. I don't like any show THAT much but thinking up ideas for the theme makes me laugh. For the Sopranos- gun shaped cookies, mafia princess clothes and jewelery, money stuffed in the couch and behind pictures, Italian food...

7:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally threw a Napoleon Dynamite-themed New Year's Eve party a few years ago. We had nachos and quesadillas, and everyone got a tube of chapstick as a party favor. It was sweet :)

-Brandy

11:17 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

cristy~ you need to do that!

truevyne, it cracked me up too, all the "games" and things you could do, I like your soprano themed party ideas....

Brandy, that sounds fun, I love that you gave a chapstick as a favor,

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home