<body>

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Small Town Things.

~I spent half the day in a busy city, in traffic, in and out of lines, and I spent the evening at a small town light parade. It's amazing how different the two are. There is an appeal in both to me, I think. I like that in the city, there's things to do a short distance away, I like that its exciting, and moving.
I like that in this small town light parade, I could pick out my high school teacher as he walked past, that I noticed people I knew in the crowd, and that knew me. I liked to hear the kids yell out to their friends as they passed. I liked that people were happy to be where they were, not eager to leave, or to have you get out of their way. I like the idiosyncrasies of small town people, that there is a uniqueness to nearly everyone around you.
I have grown up most of my life in small towns, and I've dreamed of living in cities. I like both. I don't think one is better than the other, I think they both serve a purpose. I like going to cities, visiting, walking through, hanging out in them, but I like that to come home, whether here or at my home in TN, it is to a small town.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.

I've always like that i could go to auburn and with in an hour I will see some one I know.

9:21 AM

 
Blogger annie said...

We were there at the light parade! Sorry to have missed you.

I love that I can live in this small town, near the river and all of its wildness, then work in downtown Sac. I think I get the best of both worlds. Just like Miley.

12:30 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Randy, I am sure it's even more that way with you, and how involved your family is there...

I looked for you Annie! Bummer I missed you, there were a lot of people there though.

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

I'm sure there are advantages to both, but I'm a small town girl!

Hope you are enjoying your trip!

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home