<body>

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Flights, Head Injuries, Babies and Mexican Food

If I could sum up my trip so far, these are what the highlights and low points would be. It has been a total whirlwind since I stepped foot out of my car in Nashville.

The Flight: The first flight was four hours straight, with my energetic 5 year old, it was all about distraction, snacks, story making, drawing, and teaching the importance of why not to lower his tray table with his feet. It went well and we had a good time over all.

The Head Injury: Not as bad as it sounds, but hurt terribly. I jumped out of the car to close my son's door, then jumped back in, with full body weight and slammed my head into the side of the car. (If you chuckled then, don't feel bad, so did my husband) I immediately felt like I was going to throw up, and couldn't focus my eyes for most of the car ride. I still have a dull headache, but have been taking medicine.

Babies: I spent most of the day today cuddling my friends new born baby girl, while she rested and cleaned up. It made me miss my baby boys so bad. I am already ready to be back home with them.

Mexican food: California Mexican food is the best. I don't care what anyone else says, it is sooo good. Tonight I had green enchiladas with shrimp, and I'm pretty sure it was the best thing I've had in awhile.
We finished our night with a quick round of miniature golf, and my boy cashed out in the back seat on the way back.
I'm off again first thing in the morning, and hoping to get all done and see everyone while I am here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Mom said...

Ouch! I've given myself head injuries before, so I think I know what you might be experiencing.

Mexican food in California is yummy. Actually, there's a lot of really good food in California. I think it's time I visited my sis in San Diego again.

Happy travels.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Brody Harper said...

After the head injury... ummm you stll remember me right... ha ha...

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

Just a heads-up... (bad pun alert.) The head injury sounds like a concussion. The throw up sign is a dead-ringer. You might want to drop by the doctor to check it out. Concussions are weird things. You'll be fine all day and then you'll get dizzy and pass out, while you're driving.

(I'm a little paranoid about concussion having suffered about 6 of them between the age 4 and 13)

Just a thought.

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Seth Ward said...

Sorry, missed the blurred vision for extended period and dizziness...

If it looks like a sock, smells like a sock, feels like a sock... well...

Not your run-of-the-mill head clinker. Not really serious, but if any of that stuff re-visits, in the slightest, I'd have it looked at.

6:08 PM

 
Blogger The Secret Life of Kat said...

I'm glad your trip is going well so far.

I took my 5 year old on a trip to CA last month and it was such a special time for us to spend together. I hope yours is a memorable trip as well.

It must be nice to hold and cuddle with a newborn knowing that you'll be able to get a full night's sleep.

I concur with Dr. Seth about the concussion thing. A friend's little boy fell off a swing a couple weeks ago and had a concussion. He was fine, but it was pretty funny while they were at the doctor's office. About every 10 minutes he'd look over to the corner, see the fish tank and say, "Oooh, mama, a fish tank! Cool!" Then he'd continue coloring until he looked up again and notice the fish tank, completely forgetting that he'd just noticed it 10 minutes before...

2:09 AM

 
Blogger kddub said...

Seth and Kat~ that is what I was thinking at first. I feel better now. Can they just go away? Thanks for the concern.

2:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home