<body>

Monday, December 10, 2007

In the details.


When Blue and I were flying home, we saw so much beautiful landscape. From the wide green stretches of land and rivers in CA, to the rocky red land, and grand canyon over Arizona. The world is so big, that even from that height we could not see all of it, but we were not close enough to see a human being. As we flew into Nashville at night, we saw the many lights of the city, too many to count. I was reminded once again, at how massive this world is, and on top of that, how many people are in it. I thought about my own personal life, and how complex it is, I thought of the stack of Christmas cards to send out, and how each of those represented more lives that are also very complex. I was in awe once again at God's involvement in all of our lives. How does He do it? How does God have so much patience with me? How does He teach me lessons through mundane tasks? How does He weave together these stories of our lives?
I was reminded of the verse, "what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?" (Psalm 8:4)
I am in awe of God's ability to be in the intricate details of our lives, and I am making an effort to recognize Him in those details, and trusting Him with them. This season is about wonder, not about busyness, not about list making, not about gift buying. This season is about the realization of God's ability to do the unthinkable, to marvel that He cares, to rejoice, and remember the beginning when Jesus entered this world, and to sit back and realize what He accomplished for us. Even when life seems to distract me from my effort to marvel, I am trying to remember that He is there, in the details, weaving together the story for good. There is so much to be in wonder of with God.

~What are you in wonder of this season?

2 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Grace said...

Great post! I agree there is much to be in wonder with God!

It's easy to get distracted, but I've been slowing down a lot and try to take it ALL in. My life has been more enjoyable.

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home