<body>

Monday, October 15, 2007

Letting Go..


~ It is a lot harder to let go of worry over situations, than it seems, especially when you care about someone, or the relationship, or the thing, or whatever it is that you are worrying about. I know that the bible says not to worry, or fear, to give our burdens to God, but at times letting go of that worry and fear is so difficult. I am starting to realize that God works through our inadequacies. He tells us not to worry, because He's there, but He would not have to tell us that if it were not our natural tendency.

I worry about my husband, being away, and being sick, but it encourages me to pray for him more. I worry about my son not listening, and being rebellious, so it causes me to focus more and find ways to help that. I worry about why people treat me a certain way, but it causes a healthy detachment, and the realization that God loves me, even if they don't. I think that God works through my natural draw to worry, but He is always there telling me, "you don't need to worry, everything is in my Hand." So inevitably, I end up giving Him my worries, literally saying, "Here it is God, the outcome is yours." and this enables me to move on in action and peace.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Just Mom said...

I can let go of worries fairly easily. It doesn't mean I don't worry, because I do. I've just always been able to bring my worries to God.

My problem is letting go when I've been emotionally hurt -- really emotionally hurt, that is. Luckily that doesn't happen too often.

9:29 AM

 
Blogger urban mama said...

This was so good for me to hear. I have been worrying about my kids a lot lately and I should be praying for them more then ever. I am going to the show tonight so I will check in on your husband for you and make sure he is taking care of himself.

11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you have the right idea Kristin. God wants us to depend on Him. When we worry, giving it to God is the best thing. Wollowing in our worry is disasterous. Giving it to God makes us stronger, healthier, more loving. We can't fix our problems on our own. Only allowing God to fix it does anything anyway. I'm sorry Bro is sick. It sounds like he will be better soon. I'm praying for him. I am praying for you too.

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Larissa said...

those are great thoughts! i am going through a period of realizing this more and more every day/ week/ month right now, too. the worries i have are not my worries to bear. it is good to think about things and everything, but ultimately, like you said, the outcome is God's.
thanks for sharing this!!

12:22 PM

 
Blogger kddub said...

just mom~ that is a good quality to have. I think it's hard for everyone to let go when they've been hurt.

Jessie~ hope you had fun!

kricketd~ you are right, it is disastrous, to sit and wallow in worry.

larissa~ I hope that God handles all your worries quickly!

7:05 AM

 
Blogger Grace said...

This was huge for me! It's a daily battle for me still, but I'm learning the reward is far greater than worrying.

Great post!

I'll be praying for your husband to feel well soon!

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home